The Article Store is a collection of articles covering a wide range of topics in the areas of aging and mental health and geriatric psychiatry. Unlike a book on the topic, this collection is dynamic; new articles are constantly added, while obsolete articles are either updated or removed. You can download only those articles of interest and return again and again when you want to learn more.
To the extent possible, we attempt to present information that is supported by creditable, clinical research. When such evidence does not exist, we present what we perceive to be the consensus in the field of geriatric psychiatry. Keep in mind that medicine is not an exact science and medical knowledge changes all the time. We will try to make it clear whenever we make statements that represent our opinions based upon practical experience at the Moak Center for Healthy Aging.
Don’t see an article about the topic you want to know about? Send us an e-mail with a suggestion. Chances are other people are interested in the same topic. We’ll consider adding an article about your topic.
YOU CAN BROWSE OUR MOST POPULAR ARTICLES, BY TITLE, OR SEARCH THE VARIOUS CATEGORIES FOR TOPICS OF INTEREST.
Popular Articles by Title:
- Agoraphobia: Older People Who Refuse to Go Out
- Anorexia in the Elderly
- Bladder Pills and Your Brain
- Caregiver Job Description
- Coconut Oil For Alzheimer's Disease
- Depression and Heart Disease
- Falls and Executive Functions
- Harmful Effects of Sleeping Pills
- Health Insurance for the Elderly
- How to Know When You or Someone Close to You Should Stop Driving
- Misidentification Delusions
- Psychotherapy for Elders: What it is, What it is Not.
- Update on Alzheimer's Treatment Research
- What is the Proper Diagnostic Evaluation for Dementia
- Alcohol and Older Adults
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Behavioral Problems
- Caregiving Issues
- Complimentary & Alternative Medicine
- Depression & Health
- Legal Issues
- Medicare & Insurance
- Non-Alzheimer Dementias
- Normal Aging
- Psychiatric Diagnoses
- Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Side Effects of Medicine
- Sleep and Aging
- Treatment with Medication